How to Install Extra Long Curtain Rods
It’s always good to have natural light inside your house, because it brightens up the room. This is the main reason why people prefer to have a lot of windows around their house. This is also why they make a fuss in installing the perfect curtains. Having curtains on your windows will allow you to control the light that is seeping into your house. If you want to maximize the use of your windows, you have to make sure that those extra long curtain rods are bolted properly. This will be your framework for the curtain, so you have to make sure that it is installed properly, and that it can hold the fabric that you are planning to use. If you want to learn more on how to install it, here are some of the things that you should do:
• The first thing you need to focus on is getting the proper measurements. If you have big windows, it follows that you will need extra long curtain rods. Try to have your curtains made properly with the proper measurements, so that you don’t have to adjust it when the time comes that you’re ready to hang it.
• Extra long curtain rods can be installed directly into the wall or through a casing. Figure out what you need to do before drilling holes in your walls. As soon as you are ready to do so, estimate the positions and mark it properly. Make sure that you align them well, because if not, the placement of your curtains will be crooked.
• When everything is in place, start drilling the holes and attach the screws. Once you’re through, you can start hanging your curtains properly.
• Aside from extra long curtain rods, you can also use extension rods that will allow you to cover big windows. This will serve as a bridge between two rods that elongates the one that you currently have. It’s not that hard to put together, all you have to do is slide it in both sides of your rods. Secure it tightly, so that it won’t move or fall off.
• If you are going to install your rods in cement, you need concrete fasteners. Make that you wear goggles while drilling the wall, because it can emit a lot of dust, and you don’t want it to go to your eyes. The best way to get rid of it is by using a straw. This will allow you to insert the concrete screws properly.
• When you are attaching your curtain rod, just put it above the window. It should be at least two to three inches apart. Make sure you take this into consideration when you have your curtains made.
Allowing natural light to come into your house is a good thing, especially in the morning. It’s a good thing that anyone can install windows into their rooms and put up curtains, so that people can have enough exposure to the sun during the mornings and shade in the afternoons, when the heat from the sun is too much for one to bear. Putting it up is not that hard. All you have to do is follow the instructions that were given above.